Saturday, November 15, 2008

We are Home!

Our experience in Haiti was great! The kids are all so healthy and Happy. It was plenty hot during the day but cooled off at night. We were able to file our paper at the embassy quickly and got to see the transition house where the kids go first before entering the orphanage. We asked Gina all the questions we could think of and got to see much of Port a Prince.

We had so many answered prayers and miracles that I can not tell you on this blog, but email and I will give you all the details. Ronese does not like her picture taken and did not really want her routine interrupted. She is very little, but healthy and strong. Wiguerson is a wonderful, gentle and caring big brother. He has the greatest smile (unless there is no one behind the camera... as in the first picture). He knows the names of all the animals and liked to read books with us. He talked a lot and loved to show every thing to his friends. He wanted to be with Joel every second and loved just being with him.

There is something unexplainable about spending 3 days with your children and then telling them you have to leave and will come again "someday". Kind of like Jesus in John 14.

6 comments:

AprilC said...

Gail, welcome home!

Tifanni said...

I"m glad to hear you guys had a wonderful trip. I know how hard it is to leave your sweet kiddos and head for home but remember we're all here for you :)

Thomas said...

I cried and cried for a week straight after leaving Haiti the first time. It was the hardest thing I have ever done and it is something you cannot explain to someone else until they experience it themselves. I am so happy you got to meet your kids and that you are home safely.

Heidi said...

Gail, your kids are beautiful! I can't imagine how hard it must have been for you to leave them behind. I will be praying that the time until they come home goes by quickly and that all the red tape will go smoothly.

Kelsen Family said...

Gail,
How exciting to see the picture of you with the kids!! I rememeber all to well that horrible day saying goodbye! One thing you have is wonderful memories and the comfort of knowing the Lord is watching over them. You all look so great together!! I'm so happy for you.

Beth said...

I love the picture of you all together. They look so comfy with their mommy and daddy. I can't wait to see ALL of your children together. I pray that this process goes QUICKLY for you!!

Thank you so much for the sweet update on my little guy. :o)