Saturday, February 28, 2009

'Stand by for news'

Haiti's Carnival vacation is over and every one should be back to work for a normal month of March (before the big Easter break early in April). So, we will "stand by for news."

"The rest of the story". Paul Harvey, the news commentator and talk-radio pioneer whose staccato style made him one of the nation's most familiar voices, died Saturday in Arizona, according to ABC Radio Networks. He was 90.
I grew up listening to Paul Harvey's Noon News and Comment. Still try to catch it if I am in the car. I think I will miss that familiar voice.

2 comments:

Tinaka Anderson said...

I heard this sad news as well.

We will be "standing by" for news.

Tina and the crew
www.youbelong.net/throughtherainbow

T and T Livesay said...

You served as our news source from the USA today --- had not heard about Paul Harvey -- my husband LOVED listening to him. Hope you get great adoption news soon.
Tara in Haiti