Thursday, May 21, 2009

One Year Ago


It was a year ago today that we got a call and emailed pictures introducing us to the children that would one day be ours. Although they have not yet even entered our home, they are very much a part of our hearts lives and family. They have filled our thoughts and dreams and soon they will fill our beds. We are looking ahead to they day we are together as a family with longing and wonder. To hold and smell and hug them. To learn the sound of their voices and the pattern of their breathing. What will they love? What will make them laugh? Will they sleep in in the morning, or rise with the sun? Will they like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? What an exciting (and slightly terrifying) transition awaits.

It was also one year ago today that the Christian community held its breath and prayed as the news came of the loss of Steven Curtis Chapman's precious little daughter. Our thoughts and prayers are with them today. God be near as their Abba Lord.

May God bless you as you celebrate today for all it's memories and hope for the future.

1 comment:

Thomas said...

Our boys get up like they have an internal alarm clock. Every day they arise at 5AM which is too early for me, but they do sleep thru the night and go to sleep somewhere around 9PM. The first few days of having them home is kinda terrifying. I felt like I did with our first newborn. I was scared and felt like I didnt know what I was doing. The first three weeks have been a little rough, but still better than I expected. Marc has taken 6 weeks off and I am scared to death about when he goes back to work and I have all the kids home alone with me. Ok, so i have just rambled on, but don't worry about the kids adjusting....it's us adults that need the positive reinforcement. ;-)